Recognizing Excellence in Basketball
S.A.V.E will award Scholarship of $500 to an outstanding Grade 12 student Athletes(basketball) graduating in 2016. The applicant must be enrolled in a Secondary School from Fraser Valley and must be on the Senior Basketball Team of the School.
All applicants must complete an application package including:
1. A completed FVBA Scholarship Application Form.
2. Copy of Grade 11 transcript.
3. A letter of recommendation from the Coach.
4. Letter of reference for the applicant’s involvement in their school or community.
• One letter must be from a school official (teacher, principal, counsellor, etc.) and the other
must be from a professional contact (volunteer coordinator, employer, etc.)
• The letter must discuss the applicant’s character development and community involvement.
5. A short essay describing you, your hobbies, educational and athletic goals. Also describe what playing basketball on your school team means to you, and why you should be considered for this award. Also explain how you have benefited from your participation in athletics.
6. Can ONLY apply to one of the S.A.V.E scholarships:
Write-up (optional max.250) Discuss any other information that you would like the scholarship committee to know.
All the applications will be evaluated by the selection committee and if you are a successful applicant, you will be informed by mail and all funds paid out by the National Association of Students Against Violence Everywhere (S.A.V.E) will be paid on your behalf to the post-secondary institution of your choice. Successful applicants will have to provide proof that they have been accepted into a bona fide post secondary institution in Canada, for fall 2016. Application package once submitted to S.A.V.E will become property of S.A.V.E and will not be returned to the applicant.
The selection committee is made up of the Board of Directors of the National Association of Students Against Violence Everywhere (S.A.V.E) and all committee decisions are final!
Once you have compiled all of the above, mail your submission to:
National Association of Students Against Violence Everywhere (S.A.V.E)
Attention: Scholarship Selection Committee
Suite 23A, 7711 – 128 Street
Surrey, BC, V3W 4E6
IMPORTANT: All applications must be postmarked no later than May 15th 2016, to be considered.
Click here to download the application!